316 Stainless Steel Shim Piece 0.05mm (0.002") x 300mm x 300mm
Ships in 2-3 Days
All Prices Include GST.
- Hygienic and extremely resistant to corrosion
- Physically strong and easy to accurately fabricate
- Available in a wide range of thicknesses
316 Stainless Steel Shim is a form of steel with excellent resistance to corrosion and good hygienic properties. It is extremely long lasting, has excellent resistance to high and low temperatures and is exceedingly strong. It is virtually non-magnetic and withstands attack from a vast range of chemicals and media.
316 Stainless Steel Sheets can be easily cleaned with most common cleaning agents and resists organic chemicals, dyes and most inorganic chemicals. It also has excellent weldability and is often used with all standard welding techniques (with the exception of oxyacetylene).
Grade 316 Stainless Steel is second in popularity to 304 Stainless. In comparison to this other grade, 316 Stainless Steel has increased ability to resist pitting and crevice corrosion in warm chloride environments.
Because of its excellent corrosion resistance over long term deployment, 316 Stainless Steel Shim is often used in harsh, marine facing environments for architectural, construction, marine, industrial and commercial applications.
- Lining bench tops, cabinets, cupboards and equipment in food preparation areas
- Corrosion resistant facing for construction and architectural projects
- Fire door and external door reinforcement and trims
- Window trims, seals and spacers
- Oven and furnace equipment
- Lining, seals and spacers for chemical processing
- Lining, seals and spacers for hot water systems
- Boat fittings and structural work
- Sanitary installations
If I order 2 or more metres, will it be many 1 metre long sheets or one continuous roll?
Generally, we’ll supply in one continuous length. Of course, the maximum length we can supply is governed by the maximum roll length for the material but if you’re simply looking for 2 or 3 metres, it’ll be in a continuous length.
All 300mm square pieces will be supplied individually regardless of the quantity ordered.
Are other sizes available?
Yes. There definitely are other thicknesses and custom size sheets can also be arranged on request. If you need something in particular for your job please do send us an email with your requirements and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.
Specification: Grade 316 Stainless Steel Shim
Tensile Strength: 515 MPa Minimum
Rockwell Hardness: 95 HRC Maximum
Elongation: 40% Minimum
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.