- Pasty, one-part RTV silicones that are compatible with a wide range of surfaces and materials.
- Good temperature resistance, weatherability, and durability.
- Can be applied to vertical and overhead surfaces.
- Performance grade, acetoxy-cure silicones approved by the FDA, USDA and NSF. Also UL recognised and meet the requirements of MIL-A-46106 Gr.1 Type I.
Momentive RTV 100 Series Silicone is a collection of a few different colours of silicone that all share the same outstanding properties and characteristics. These include RTV 102 (white), RTV 103 (black), RTV 108 (translucent) and RTV 109 (aluminium).
No matter the colour, all RTV 100 Series Silicones are one-component silicones that cure at room temperature. They have a pasty consistency which makes them ideal for jobs that require application to vertical or overhead surfaces or extremely accurate dosing.
RTV 100 Silicones work well with most types of surfaces including metal, stone, ceramic, glass and silicone rubber. Though they can be used to bond many plastics and some rubbers, care should be taken if using them with sensitive plastic surfaces as the acetic cure nature of these silicones may damage certain grades of plastic.
The different colours of RTV 100 Series Silicone all have good self-adhesion properties and temperature resistance. Once cured, they will withstand environments between -60°C and +205°C and won’t become brittle at lower temperatures. They also exhibit excellent weatherability, ozone and chemical resistance and very good dielectric properties.
Momentive RTV 100 Silicone (formerly known as GE RTV 100 Silicone) is a high quality, professional-grade product that has been approved or recognised by a number of certifying bodies. These include the FDA 21 CFR 177.2600, USDA, NSF International Std. No. 51 and UL File No. 36952.
Colours of Momentive RTV 100 Series Silicone and Grade #.
|RTV 108||Clear / Translucent|
|RTV 109||Aluminium Grey|
RTV 106, while technically part of the RTV 100 Series, is a little different and is covered in depth on its own product page.
Typical Applications for RTV 100 Series Silicone
- General Purpose Bonding.
- Sealing Work.
- Making formed-in-place silicone gaskets.
- Sealing and bonding on vertical surfaces or overhead.
- Sealing windows and doors.
- Renovations and DIY work.
- Pump sealing.
- Making gearbox and automotive gaskets.
- Sealing and insulating appliances and electronics.
|Consistency / Viscosity||Paste|
|Application Rate||400 grams / minute|
|Tack-Free Time||20 Minutes|
|Tensile Strength1||28 kg/cm²|
|Hardness||30 Shore A|
|Tear Strength||8 kg/cm|
|Shear Strength²||14 kg/cm²|
|Peel Strength||7 kg/cm|
|Dielectric Strength||20 kv/mm|
|Dielectric Constant @ 60 Hz||2.8|
|Dissipation Factor @ 60 Hz||0.001|
|Volume Resistivity||3x1015 ohm-cm|
|Maximum Continuous Operating Temperature||204°C|
|Maximum Short-Term Operating Temperature||260°C|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.0005 cal/sec/cm²|
All values measured after 3 days cure at 25°C with 50% relative humidity.
(1) At 100% cohesive failure.
(2) At 100% cohesive failure using a 1” x 8” stainless steel screen at 180° pull angle.
(3) Information is provided for convenience only. These properties are not tested on a routine basis.
These silicones were not designed for and should not be used for applications intended for permanent implantation into the human body. These silicones are not for use in delicate electrical and electronic applications in which the corrosion of copper, brass or other sensitive metals is undesirable.
For more information on our RTV 100 Silicone, including specifications and approvals, please see our RTV 100 Technical Data Sheet located on the media tab.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.