316 Stainless Steel Shim 0.5mm (0.020") Thick x 300mm x 300mm Square
High Quality, Industrial Grade Stainless Steel Shim.
All Prices Include GST.
Browse our Complete
316 SS Shim Range.
- High quality, industrial grade 316 Stainless Steel shim sheet.
- Hygienic and extremely resistant to corrosion.
- Physically strong and easy to accurately fabricate.
316 Stainless Steel Shim is a form of steel with excellent resistance to corrosion and good hygienic properties. It is extremely long lasting, has excellent resistance to high and low temperatures and is exceedingly strong. It is virtually non-magnetic and withstands attack from a vast range of chemicals and media.
These convenient, 300mm Square sheets are cut to size in our Australian factory. Custom size sheets as well as cut shim gaskets and parts can also be arranged upon request.
316 Stainless Steel Sheets can be easily cleaned with most common cleaning agents and resists organic chemicals, dyes and most inorganic chemicals. It also has excellent weldability and is often used with all standard welding techniques (with the exception of oxyacetylene).
Grade 316 Stainless Steel is second in popularity to 304 Stainless. In comparison to this other grade, 316 Stainless Steel has increased ability to resist pitting and crevice corrosion in warm chloride environments.
Because of its excellent corrosion resistance over long term deployment, 316 Stainless Steel Shim is often used in harsh, marine facing environments for architectural, construction, marine, industrial and commercial applications.
Typical Applications for 316 SS Shim.
- Lining bench tops, cabinets, cupboards and equipment in food preparation areas
- Corrosion resistant facing for construction and architectural projects
- Fire door and external door reinforcement and trims
- Window trims, seals and spacers
- Oven and furnace equipment
- Lining, seals and spacers for chemical processing
- Lining, seals and spacers for hot water systems
- Boat fittings and structural work
- Sanitary installations
|Specification||Grade 316 Stainless Steel Shim|
|Tensile Strength||515 MPa MInimum|
|Rockwell Hardness||95 HRC Maximum|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|