Adhesive Fibreglass Tape with Acrylic Adhesive - 6mm Wide x 55 Metres
Strong Fibreglass Cloth with High Strength Adhesive.
All Prices Include GST.
Browse our Adhesive Fibreglass Electrical Insulation Tape Range.
- Tough, strong and very conformable tape with good temperature resistance.
- Pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive bonds very well to most materials.
- Very flexible (even after temperature exposure).
- Resistant to moisture, solvents, abrasion and puncture.
Our Adhesive Fibreglass Tape with High Strength Acrylic Adhesive is a flexible, strong and temperature resistant insulation tape. It is made from a thin layer (0.13mm) of white fibreglass cloth coated on one side with a thermosetting, pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive.
Because of its combination of stickiness, decent temperature resistance and all-around strength, this tape is used in a variety of areas. Typical examples include as a cable splicing tape, for the bundling of wires and cables, securing insulation in motors and transformers and various other uses in the electrical, automotive and manufacturing industries.
This tape resists fraying and has very high tensile strength. It is also able to withstand abrasion and puncture. Despite this toughness, it is a highly conformable tape that can be wrapped easily around tight bends, curves and irregular shapes.
Acrylic Fibreglass Tape features a pressure-sensitive, thermosetting adhesive. This allows the tape to bond very well to most materials with high adhesive force. It is also resistant to oils and strong solvents like toluene and xylene as well as other chemicals.
This adhesive is the temperature limiting factor on this tape. It will begin to breakdown past the 155°C mark (after prolonged exposure). The fibreglass cloth with handle far higher.
Our Fibreglass Tape with Acrylic Adhesive is supplied on 55 metre long rolls. The widths listed here constitute our standard sizes but others (up to 750mm wide) can be produced upon request.
Applications for Adhesive Fibreglass Tape
- Insulating tape for cable splicing work.
- Bundling of wires and cables.
- Securing leads in medium to high temperature environments.
- As an adhesive overwrap tape to secure underlying primary heat insulation.
- Securing insulation in electric motors and transformers.
- As a coil insulation tape in Class F electrical devices.
|Adhesive||Acrylic Thermosetting Adhesive|
|Backing Material||Fibreglass Cloth|
|Total Tape Thickness||0.18mm|
|Continuous Operating Temperature||155°C|
|Dielectric Strength||2.5 kV|
|Adhesion to Steel||4.4 N/cm|
|Tensile Strength||350 N/cm|
|Roll Length||55 Metres|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|