- Extremely versatile and permanently elastic Polyurethane adhesive and sealant
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of surfaces
- Free of silicones and solvents and can be painted over, sanded or ground as required
Weicon Flex 310 Polyurethane Adhesive and Sealant is a high quality, one-part elastic adhesive that is extremely versatile. Flex 310 PU (as it is often referred to) is used to create strong, permanently elastic bonds and seals on metals, plastics, ceramics, wood, glass, stone and more. It can be painted over using either the “wet in wet” method or after curing and sanding or grinding.
Flex 310 Polyurethane Adhesive is completely free of silicone and solvents and is therefore a good option for sealing in applications where silicones must not be used. This elastic adhesive has a pasty consistency and is also low odour and resistant to weathering, abrasion, salt water, fresh water and weak or diluted acids and alkalis. Flex 310 PU has been certified by ISEGA for use in food technologies.
Applications for Flex 310 Polyurethane Adhesive
- Air conditioning, heating and ventilation construction, sealing and maintenance
- Pipeline and fitting construction and bonding
- Car body work and repairs
- Shipping container maintenance and construction
- Cool room construction and repairs
- Tank sealing
- Bonding and sealing food preparation and handling machines and equipment
- For bonding and sealing in applications where silicones are not able to be used
How do I apply Flex 310 Polyurethane?
Full instructions for surface preparation (really important), processing and curing are available on the TDS and are definitely worth a read. That said, it’s pretty simple. Clean the surface, make sure it’s dry and apply Flex 310 PU using a standard caulking gun.
What’s the maximum size bead I can use?
Try to keep beads to no more than 5mm at their shallowest point. Put another way, no part of Flex 310 PU should be more than 5mm away from the air. If you were filling a channel 25mm wide (which is the maximum width) and 5mm deep, it should be ok. If you inverted this so the channel was 5mm wide and 25mm deep there would be issues with curing as the adhesive at the bottom of the channel would be 25mm away from the air and be unable to cure.
Colour: White, Grey, Black
Continuous Temperature Resistance: -40°C to +90°C
Short-Term Temperature Resistance: 120°C (2 Hour Maximum)
Skin-Over Time: 45 Minutes
Cure Speed: 2-3mm in the first 24 hours
Shore Hardness: 45 Shore A
Food Grade: Yes (ISEGA Approved)
Potable Water: No
Elongation at Break: 450%
Maximum Depth: 5mm
Maximum Width: 25mm
Building Material Category: B 2
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.