Leak Detection Spray - Sensitive Leak Detecting Agent 400ml
All Prices Include GST.
- Extremely sensitive, foam-forming leak detecting spray used to find small leaks before they cause big problems.
- Non-Flammable, Anti-Corrosive and DIN-DVGW approved.
- Reliable leak detection agent for checking equipment and connections prior to use.
Weicon Leak Detection Spray is an extremely sensitive leak detecting agent. It has been designed to pick-up even the smallest, low-pressure leaks and to give you an easy visual indication of their presence so repairs can be undertaken. When a leak is detected, Leak Detection spray will foam and bubble which allows you to quickly identify the problem-area, or commence work knowing that the equipment and connections are in good condition.
Manufactured in Germany, Leak Detection Spray is non-flammable and anti-corrosive. This high-quality spray has been DIN-DVGW tested for oxygen and CO2 and does not form any hazardous compounds when mixed with or exposed to carbon dioxide, propane, butane, acetylene, oxygen or natural gas. It is also kind to the skin.
Leak Detection Spray not only works on pipes, hoses and fittings but is sensitive enough to also identify porous spots and cracks in pressurised pipes or containers. Leak Detection Spray is a fast, safe, convenient and reliable way to identify even the smallest of leaks and is used around the world in a variety of industries and applications.
Applications for Leak Detection Spray
- Safely testing gas lines for BBQs and cookers.
- Testing the valves, hoses and connections on gas bottles after they are moved or first connected.
- Identifying leaks on oxygen storage containers.
- Checking compressed air and pressurised gas tools that are rented out or used only sporadically.
- Testing threaded joints and fittings.
- Testing flange assemblies and ensuring no leaks are present during hydro-testing or operations.
- Identifying small leaks in hydraulic systems.
- Finding leaks in pneumatic brakes or ensuring they are leak free after work.
- Checking all kinds of hoses, pressurised pipes, lines and assemblies for even the tiniest of leaks.
Can’t I just use soapy water?
For some leak detection work, yes. Obviously, there’s some differences though. These are largely focused on two things; sensitivity and the effects of any interaction between the media in a leaking pipe and the soapy water.
I’ll talk about sensitivity first. Leak Detection Spray has been specially engineered to be as sensitive as possible. This allows it to pick-up and let you find and fix tiny leaks before they become bigger. Soapy water simply doesn’t react at the same low pressures as leak detection spray meaning you will have to have a larger leak before detection is possible.
The second point has to do with interaction. This will only be an issue if there is in fact a leak present of course. If not, there’s no way the water mixes with the media in the pipe or hose. However, if there is a leak, it’s possible that you will end up with soapy water making its way into the storage container or transferring line. With some substances (oxygen for instance) this can cause issues.
|Temperature Resistance||0°C to +50°C|
|Minimum Shelf-Life||24 Months|
|Approvals||DVGW Tested for Oxygen and CO2 (Carbon Dioxide)
Certificate Number 5170AO0666
|IMPA Reference||45 08 41|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.