- Highly effective surface coating used for restoration, chemical and corrosion protection work.
- Creates a long-lasting finish that protects surfaces and looks great.
- Made with very high purity stainless steel pigments and can be used on all kinds of surfaces.
Stainless Steel Spray is a special coating and protecting spray that can be used in a variety of areas. This spray contains real, very high purity stainless steel pigments and creates a long-lasting surface coating that looks just like stainless steel (matt finish, RAL 9007 to be exact).
This coating effectively protects against rust and corrosion and is chemical and weather resistant.
Stainless Steel Spray is made from stainless steel pigments and an acrylic resin binding agent. It can be used with almost all kinds of surfaces including metal, wood, glass, stone and most plastics (really low surface energy ones like PTFE and HDPE are the exceptions).
Stainless Steel Spray is applied at room temperature and will be dust dry after about 10 minutes. It’ll be fully hardened after about 4-6 hours depending on environmental conditions. Once it is fully dry, Stainless Steel Spray can be painted, will withstand abrasion and can handle temperatures between -50°C and +300°C.
For more details and technical characteristics please see the specifications tab or the comprehensive technical data sheet on our Stainless Steel Spray located on the media tab.
Applications for Stainless Steel Spray
Stainless Steel Spray is primarily used for one of three (somewhat related) things: restoration, corrosion protection or decoration. Just some of the applications we’ve seen over the years include…
- Repairing damaged stainless steel parts on truck bodies.
- Covering scratches stainless steel sections.
- Protecting steel fence posts from corrosion and giving them a brighter appearance.
- Coating plastic guard rails on boats for aesthetic reasons.
- Corrosion and chemical protection of piping and motor parts on boats.
- Protecting camping gear from rust and corrosion.
- Restoring damaged piping and air conditioning equipment.
- Coating surfaces in kitchens so that they match in with surrounding stainless steel appliances.
|Colour||Stainless Steel, Matt Finish (RAL 9007)|
|Areas of Use||Indoors and Outdoors|
|Binding Agent||Acrylic Resin|
|Pigment||Stainless Steel Pigments|
|Pigment Purity||98.5% (Approx.)|
|Percentage of Metal in the Dry Film||45% (Approx.)|
|Specific Gravity||0.9 - 1 g/cm³|
|Suggested Primer||Weicon Zinc Spray|
|Processing Temperature||+5°C to +35°C (Ideal is 18°C - 25°C)|
|Consumption w/ 1.5 Cross Coats||120ml / m² (Approx.)|
|Layer Thickness w/ 1.5 Cross Coats||20-30μm|
|Dust Dry||10 Minutes (Approx.)|
|Hardened||4-6 Hours (Approx.)|
|Paintable||4-6 Hours (Approx.)|
|Cross-Cutting (DIN 53151 / ISO 2409)||Cross Cut Characteristic Value
GT 0 to GT 1
|Salt Spray Test (ISO 9227)||Not Tested|
|Mandrel Bend Test (DIN EN ISO 1519)||No Hair Cracking|
|Top Coating||Not Required|
(After Complete Hardening)
|-50°C to +300°C|
For more information on how to use our Stainless Steel Spray and achieve best results, we really do suggest consulting the Technical and Safety data sheets located on the media tab.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.