- Used in combination with Weicon Super Glues (Cyanoacrylates) to bond materials that are otherwise unable to be bonded (at least with these types of glue).
- Enables the high strength bonding of notoriously anti-adhesive materials like PTFE (aka Teflon).
- Allows super glues to be used to bond silicone, all kinds of rubber, modern thermoplastics, polypropylene and polyethylene.
Weicon Contact Primer for Polyolefins is a highly specialised, powerful priming agent used in conjunction with Weicon VA 8406 Industrial Super Glue and many, many more grades in our comprehensive range of cyanoacrylate adhesives. By applying the primer to the surfaces being bonded before application of the glue, the surface structure is modified in such a way as to permit good, strong adhesion where it would otherwise be next to impossible.
By using Contact Primer for Polyolefins, bonding of PTFE, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Silicone, EPDM, (both Sulphur and Peroxide cured) and thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) is possible. Without this primer, most of these materials are not able to be bonded with any super glue while the rest will only be able to be adhered under specific circumstances or with other types of adhesive.
Contact Primer for Polyolefins is a high quality super glue primer manufactured by Weicon in Germany. It has been designed specifically to work with VA 8406 Industrial Super glue though we have seen some positive tests with other grades in the Weicon Cyanoacrylate Adhesive range.
Applications for Contact Primer for Polyolefins
- Allowing the bonding of PTFE (Teflon) with Super Glue (perfect for PTFE seals and O Rings as well as small area surface bonding)
- Bonding of Polypropylene (PP)
- Bonding of Polyethylene (PE)
- Enabling the bonding of silicone with super glue (particular useful for small sections of rubber like Silicone O Ring Cord)
- Bonding of thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) with super glue
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.