- High temperature insulation rope that withstands temperatures up to 550°C.
- Soft, smooth, round and very flexible lagging rope with very good heat dissipation and insulation properties.
- Manufactured from a fibreglass braid around a dense fibre core. Consists of 100% non-respirable fibres.
Applications for Fibreglass Rope Lagging Insulation GFR1
- High temperature pipe lagging and pipe wrapping.
- Sealing and insulating around oven and furnace doors.
- Boiler door sealing and insulation.
- Stove insulation.
- Filter bag seals.
- Tank lid sealing and insulation.
- Expansion joint packing.
- General caulking and groove filling.
- The manufacture of high temperature gaskets and seals.
Our GFR1 Fibreglass Rope Lagging Insulation is a very soft, flexible and pliable form of high temperature insulation. This rope has a smooth, round finish and can be easily compressed, shaped and wrapped. Despite its softness, it still possesses very good tensile strength and is an excellent thermal insulator.
Fibreglass Rope Lagging Insulation GFR1 is manufactured with a core made of dense, continuous filament bulked glass fibre. This core is then over-braided with an open mesh of continuous filament fibreglass yarns. The result is a soft, pliable and long lasting heat resistant rope that will withstand 550°C.
Because it is made from fibreglass, GFR1 lagging has very good chemical resistance. Its dense core also helps ensure that it exhibits very good tensile strength. It does not breakdown when exposed to steam (even when saturated). GFR1 Rope has very good heat dissipation properties and low thermal conductivity. This ensures you achieve excellent insulation performance from the physical space available.