Nitrile Rubber Sheet (Black) 3mm Thick x 1200mm Wide (60 Duro, Per Metre)
Oil, Fuel and Grease Resistant Rubber Sheet
All Prices Include GST.
|Browse our Whole Nitrile
Rubber Sheet Range.
|Browse our Nitrile Strip
- Premium grade Nitrile rubber sheeting with outstanding fuel and oil resistance.
- Good physical properties and can be precisely cut into strips, gaskets and seals.
- Versatile rubber sheet with good resistance to petrol, diesel, LPG and mineral oils and greases.
Our Nitrile Rubber Sheet is a premium grade of Nitrile rubber. This type of industrial rubber sheet is often chosen for making gaskets and seals that will be used with oils, fuels or greases. Nitrile Rubber effectively seals these fluids and does not breakdown.
In addition to those mentioned before, Nitrile Rubber also has excellent resistance to LPG, mineral oils and many different kinds of grease. It is a popular choice for making gaskets and seals for automotive applications and is also widely used in industry.
Black Nitrile Rubber Sheet has generally good physical properties including mechanical strength. It will tolerate a large amount of elongation (400%) before breaking and has excellent tear strength (40 N/mm). Temperature can be an issue with Nitrile rubber and it should not be exposed to anything outside of its listed range of -25°C to +90°C.
Applications for Black Nitrile Rubber Sheet
- Making oil and fuels seals for automotive applications.
- Manufacturing Nitrile Camlock washers.
- For making flexible strips, pads or linings to protect metal surfaces.
- Lining or pads for insulating and isolating metals and other types of materials.
- Insulating and sealing strips.
- For lining tanks storing oils or fuels such as petrol, diesel of LPG.
- Lining pipelines transferring fuels or oils.
- The manufacture of flange gaskets for pipes and tanks.
- Oil and fuel seals for the marine sector.
- Oil resistant rubber skirts.
- For the manufacture of isolation barriers for various types of equipment.
Can you provide gut Nitrile gaskets or strips?
We can definitely arrange it. These are made to order but we can usually supply quite quickly (a couple of days + transport). If you would like cut Nitrile gaskets, seals or strips please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a quote.
Will you supply my order in one continuous length or multiple lengths?
We’ll always supply as long a roll as possible to give you maximum versatility (nothing worse than being just a little too short). Maximum roll length for all thicknesses listed here is 10 metres so if you ordered 8 of one size, it would be supplied in a single roll.
Is your Nitrile rubber available adhesive backed?
Not as standard, no. We can arrange for a peel-off adhesive to be affixed if it is required. Once again, if you do require adhesive backed Nitrile we invite you to contact us as we will need to get a little bit of information on the exact application to make sure we choose the right adhesive.
Another option may be to stick the rubber yourself. We have a selection of adhesives that may be ideal depending on the exact nature of the job. Adhesive Spray (for large surfaces), GMK 2410 Rubber Metal Adhesive (for high strength, larger area bonding) or one of our Super Glues (for small sections) are all viable options.
Once again, if you’d like a little assistance choosing the best option for you don’t hesitate to contact us.
|Polymer||NBR (Nitrile Butadiene Rubber)|
|Hardness (ASTM D2240)||65 Shore A (+/- 5) Durometer|
|Continuous Operating Temperature||-25°C to +90°C|
|Elongation at Break (ASTM D412)||400% (Minimum)|
|Tear Strength (ASTM D624)||40 N / mm|
|Specific Gravity (ASTM D297)||1.2|
|Abrasion (ASTM D5963)||275mm³ (max) @ 5N|
After 72 Hours @ 70°C
|Oil # 1: -3%
Oil # 2: +5%
Oil # 3: +9%
For more technical information please see our Technical Data Sheet for our Black Nitrile Rubber Sheet located on the media tab.
|Unit Of Measure||m|