- Premium grade EPDM Rubber suitable for use in sealing drinking water.
- Meets AS/NZS 4020 2005 requirements for use with potable water.
- High quality EPDM Rubber with good temperature, chemical and UV resistance.
- Ideal for making water pipe gaskets, seals for water tanks and the lining of pipes and tanks.
Our EPDM Rubber Sheet for Potable Water is a black, high quality grade of EPDM Rubber. This material is certified for use in contact with drinking water and has been independently tested. It also has very good chemical resistance, high temperature resistance and the ability to resist UV and extreme weather.
EPDM Rubber for Potable Water is available by the linear metre (1200mm wide) in a selection of thicknesses. Some of the features and benefits of this high-quality rubber are expanded on below:
Meets Australian Standards for use in sealing drinking water.
Our EPDM Rubber Sheet for Potable Water has been independently tested and certified by the Australian Water Quality Centre. It meets the requirements of AS/NZS 4020 (2005) Testing of Products for Use in Contact with Drinking Water. It also conforms to the requirements of WSA 109 2011 Table 2.1.
Good Chemical and Media Resistance.
Potable Water EPDM, like our standard EPDM Rubber Sheet, has very good chemical resistance. It is particularly suitable for use with many acids and alkalis as well as water, steam and many types of common industrial fluids. It is not suitable for use with hydrocarbons, oils or fuels. For (a lot) more information on the chemical resistance of EPDM, we suggest consulting our Rubber Chemical Resistance Chart.
In addition to its well-rounded chemical resistance, this EPDM Rubber Sheet exhibits very good resistance to UV. It is completely UV stabilised which makes it highly resistant to ozone and extreme weather conditions.
Good Physical Properties.
Our Potable Water EPDM Rubber Sheet has a shore hardness of 65 Duro (±5). Maximum elongation is 350% and tensile strength if 11 MPa. This rubber is ideal for making potable water gaskets and seals for drinking water containers. Gaskets made from EPDM are suitable for prolonged exposure to drinking water and will not deteriorate when submerged.
Our Potable Water EPDM Rubber Sheet has a temperature range of -30°C to +120°C.
This premium quality EPDM Rubber has been subjected to a variety of tests. One of these measured changes in its properties after being exposed to 70°C for 7 days. Results are below:
- Hardness Change: +3° Shore A
- Volume Change: +3.0% (in distilled water).
- Tensile Change: +8.5% (average)
- Elongation Change: -14%.
Applications for EPDM Rubber Sheet for Potable Water.
This grade of EPDM Rubber has been designed specifically for use in applications that require contact with drinking water. That said, its features have led to its use in many other industrial areas, some of which are listed below:
- Making EPDM flange gaskets for water pipes and lines.
- As a flexible strip for water systems and storage containers.
- Water tank lining.
- Making seals and washers for water containers and tanks.
- Sealing, insulating and/or isolating steel and metal surfaces.
- Pipe transfer and joining sleeves.
- Pipe lining.