Elmotherm Air Dry Liquid Varnish, Black , 5L (VA63)
All Prices Include GST.
- High-quality air-dry varnish with outstanding electrical properties and temperature resistance.
- Used to create a bright surface finish with good anti-tracking properties, water & chemical resistance.
- Ideal impregnant for small transformers and coils where a rapid air-drying film is required.
- Suitable for coating insulation board and mouldings and can be used for the conformal coating of printed circuit boards.
We are very pleased to stock Elmotherm Air Dry Liquid Varnish in a full range of sizes and colours. This high-quality electrical insulation varnish is based on solvented alkyd resin and has excellent electrical properties, good tank stability, anti-tracking properties and incorporates a user-friendly fungicide.
Widely used in the electrical repair and manufacturing industries, this industrial varnish is manufactured by Elantas in Europe. This page provides information on the liquid version of this varnish. For information on the spray version, please follow this link to the Elmotherm Air Dry Spray Varnish page.
The liquid version of Elmotherm 009-0008 is available in 5 colours: Red, Black, White, Grey & Clear. All have a thermal rating of 180°C and are UL listed under the Underwrites Laboratories OBOR2 File E151126(M).
Elmotherm 009-0008 has good chemical and water resistance and is compatible with most insulation systems. For more information on the technical attributes of this electrical air-dry varnish, please see the specifications tab and/or the Elmotherm 009-0008 Air Dry Varnish Technical Data Sheet.
Typical Applications for 009-0008 Air Dry Liquid Varnish.
- Coating insulating boards.
- Coating and touching up exposed metal on electric motors.
- Insulating metal parts and protecting them from oxidation.
- As an impregnant for small transformers and coils that require a air-drying film.
- Conformal coating of printed circuit boards.
- Coating mouldings and insulation components.
Please Note: Elmotherm Air Dry Varnish is not recommended for impregnating deep section windings.
|Dyed / Pigmented||Pigmented||-||Pigmented||Pigmented||Pigmented|
|VISCOSITY B4 CUP
Secs @ 21°C (BS3900 Pt 6 (1971))
|Cure Characteristics (Minutes)
(minimum component time at temperature)
|Cure Schedule||24 Hours @ 25°C or 30 Minutes @ 80°C|
|Gelation Time||1 hour @ 21°C|
|Specific Gravity||0.96 g/cm³|
|Resistance to Tracking
(Drops @ 200 Volts
IEC 60424-2 (1974))
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.