- Adhesive Sealant for use in wet, damp or submerged applications
- Resistant to weathering and UV
- Bonds well to a wide variety of materials and surfaces
Weicon Aqua-Flex Underwater Sealant and Adhesive is a special type of adhesive designed specifically for wet or moist surfaces. In fact, it can even be used underwater. Aqua-Flex can be used as either and adhesive or sealant and remains permanently elastic after curing. It also has good UV and weathering resistance which allows it to be used indoors or outdoors.
Weicon Aqua-Flex Underwater Sealant and Adhesive is 100% silicone-free and contains no solvents, halogens or isocyanate. It withstands attack from fresh and salt water (and other media) and bonds well to a range of wet or damp surfaces including metals, many plastics, ceramic, wood, glass, stone, aluminium and stainless steel. Weicon Aqua-Flex has also been certified by ISEGA as an adhesive for use in food technologies.
Applications for Aqua-Flex Underwater Sealant and Adhesive
- Sealing or bonding plastic foils or PVC sheet (such as pond liners)
- Sealing and bonding ventilation and air conditioning systems
- A permanently elastic adhesive for high humidity environments
- Sealing tubes, pipes and tanks
- Bonding and sealing wet, damp or submerged surfaces in marine environments
- Repairs to water tanks, aquariums or containers
- Roof and gutter sealing and bonding (especially when drying them first is impractical)
- Sealing and bonding in sanitary applications where completely drying the surface is impractical
- Gardening and landscaping work
Will this stick to sandstone?
Yes. Weicon Aqua-Flex bonds very well to sandstone and other forms or masonry, concrete, bricks and porous surfaces.
Can I use this outdoors?
Definitely. Weicon Aqua-Flex has excellent resistance to UV and very good ageing stability so it will not go brittle or loose it’s adhesive strength.
Is this a silicone?
No. Weicon Aqua-Flex is an MS polymer based elastic adhesive. It contains no silicone, isocyanate, halogens or solvents and will not attack sensitive surfaces the way some silicones (particularly acetic cure) can.
Will this stick to glass?
Yes. Aqua-Flex bonds well to glass.
Colour: White, Grey, Black
Continuous Temperature Resistance: -40°C to +90°C
Short-Term Temperature Resistance: 130°C (2 Hour Maximum)
Skin-Over Time: 25 Minutes
Cure Speed: 2-3mm in the first 24 hours
Shore Hardness: 42 Shore A
Food Grade: Yes (ISEGA Approved)
Elongation at Break: 650%
Maximum Depth: 5mm
Maximum Width: 25mm
Building Material Category: B 2
IMPA: 81 52 79 (White), 81 52 80 (Black), 81 52 81 (Grey)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.