HT 300 High Temperature Silicone 85ml Squeeze Tube
280°C Silicone for Making Gaskets, Sealing and Bonding
All Prices Include GST.
- Withstands continuous temperatures of 280°C (300°C short term).
- Professional quality RTV Silicone Sealant manufactured in Germany.
- Excellent adhesive strength and highly elastic.
- Resistant to weathering, ageing and many chemicals.
Applications for HT 300 High Temperature Silicone
- Making high temperature automotive gaskets and seals (our Black Seal is also especially good for this).
- Bonding and sealing in industrial furnaces.
- Sealing and bonding in flue gas systems.
- Sealing around heating installations and equipment.
- Making adhesive gaskets for exhaust systems.
- Sealing panels, doors and access points around heating cabinets.
- Forming high temperature silicone gaskets.
- Bonding and laminating silicone rubber parts, sheet and components.
Weicon HT 300 High Temperature Silicone is a one part, acetic cure silicone designed for sealing and bonding in high temperatures. This high quality silicone is red in colour, free of solvents and creates very strong bonds and seals. It can be used to bond a variety of materials to each other and also for making formed in place silicone gaskets These bonds and seals are resistant to ageing, exhibit good chemical resistance and are extremely elastic with a maximum elongation of 500%.
Weicon HT 300 High Temperature Silicone withstands short periods (up to about 2 hours) of exposure to 300°C and can handle 280°C on a continuous basis. It bonds particularly well to steel, aluminium and most others metals as well as glass, ceramics and a range of other materials. This is a room temperature vulcanising (RTV) silicone that will cure without any special processing.
Is it compatible with oil?
Depends on the type of oil. It is compatible with petrol and it is compatible with motor oil below 140°C. For heating oil and motor oils above 140°C, it is but only for a limited time (will vary depending on concentration, temperature and so forth). There’s a full chemical compatibility list for HT 300 on the TDS. If you're really after a high temperature, oil and grease resistant silicone I suggest our Black Seal. It has excellent resistance to both these fluids and outstanding adhesion. Perfect for gearbox gaskets.
How long does it take to cure?
This is very hard to answer definitely as it can vary so much depending on temperature, humidity and the size of the bead. In an environment of 50% humidity and 23°C you can expect curing to a depth of 3mm in the first 24 hours. Warmer conditions and/or higher humidity (looking at you North Queensland) will speed this up.
|Basis||Acetate Silicone (One Part)|
|Continuous Temperature Resistance||-50°C to +280°C|
|Short-Term Temperature Resistance||300°C (2 Hour Maximum)|
|Skin Over Time||12 Minutes|
|Cure Speed||2-3mm in the first 24 hours|
|Shore Hardness||35 Shore A|
|Elongation At Break||500%|
|Building Material Category Code||B 2|
|IMPA Reference||81 52 82 (85ml Tube), 81 52 83 (310ml Cartridge)|
|ISSA Reference||75.634.21 (85ml Tube), 75.634.20 (310ml Cartridge)|
For more technical details, use guidance and product details please see our Technical Data Sheet for our HT 300 High Temperature Silicone (located on the media tab along with the SDS)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.