- Extremely long lasting corrosion and rust prevention spray used on all kinds of metal surfaces.
- Tested to the rigid standards of the ISO 9227 salt spray test where it recorded a result of longer than 2000 hours of performance, equal to over 20 years of natural weathering.
- Permanent, water-repellent, weather-resistant and high quality spray that protects against corrosion, rust and weathering.
Rust Protection 2000 Plus Spray is a very high quality, long lasting type of rust and corrosion prevention spray. Available in two colours (charcoal-grey and silver-grey), this spray is used to protect all kinds of metal surfaces.
It got its name because of its performance in the ISO 9227 Salt Spray Test. In this test components coated with Rust Protection 2000 Plus were bombarded with concentrated salt. The results were impressive, greater than 2000 hours of protection which is equal to around 20 years of natural weathering in Australian conditions.
Surfaces coated with Rust Protection 2000 Plus Spray will be effectively protected from corrosion and rust. The barrier it creates is weather resistant and water repellent whilst also showing good ability to withstand scratching and other forms of abrasion. This coating also has good flexibility and showed no hair cracking when subjected to a mandrel bend test (important if coating parts where movement, vibration or thermal expansion is likely).
Rust Protection 2000 Plus Spray is manufactured by Weicon in Germany. It is based on high-purity ferric oxide pigments and an acrylic resin binder. These pigments are flaky which is of critical importance. Unlike pellets, flaky pigments natural settle to form a higher density, less-penetrable layer which allows them to provide longer-lasting protection.
This is a very easy to use spray that will provide permanent protection for treated parts and surfaces. It’ll be dust dry after around 30 minutes and fully hardened after 24 hours. Once it is fully hardened, it can be painted if desired. It will also withstand temperatures up to 300°C.
Applications for Rust Protection 2000 Plus Spray
- Coating and protecting iron railings and lattice towers.
- Coating and protecting exposed surfaces, parts and fittings on gates.
- Protecting trailers from rust and corrosion.
- Coating exposed metal surfaces in the marine and boating sector.
- Rust prevention for all kinds of metal fences, handrails and balcony railings.
- Touching up areas on metal objects and surfaces where other forms of rust prevention have worn away of are not able to be applied.
- All kinds of metal parts that have a high risk of corrosion (e.g. welding seams, cut edges & drilled holes).
Do I need to use a special primer?
No, you can apply Rust Protection 2000 Plus directly to the surface. Just make sure the surface you are spraying has been properly cleaned, degreased and dried prior to spraying. We suggest Cleaner Spray S for this but many other cleaners are also able to get the job done.
Can I paint it?
Yes, fully hardened Rust Protection 2000 Plus can be painted with normal paints. Just ensure it is fully hardened first. This will take approximately 24 hours.
|Colours||Charcoal-Grey (DB 703)
Silver-Grey (DB 701)
|Areas of Use||Indoors and Outdoors|
|Binding Agent||Acrylic Resin|
|Pigment||Ferric Oxide (Hematite)|
|Pigment Purity||>90% Ferric Oxide|
|Percentage of Metal in the Dry Film||58% (Approx.)|
|Specific Gravity||1.3 - 1.4 g/cm³|
|Processing Temperature||+5°C to +35°C (Ideal is 18°C - 25°C)|
|Consumption w/ 1.5 Cross Coats||160ml / m² (Approx.)|
|Layer Thickness w/ 1.5 Cross Coats||60-80μm|
|Dust Dry||30 Minutes (Approx.)|
|Hardened||24 Hours (Approx.)|
|Paintable||24 Hours (Approx.)|
|Cross-Cutting (DIN 53151 / ISO 2409)||Cross Cut Characteristic Value GT 0 to GT 1|
|Salt Spray Test (ISO 9227)||>2000 Hours|
|Mandrel Bend Test (DIN EN ISO 1519)||No Hair Cracking|
|Top Coating||Not Required|
(After Complete Hardening)
|-50°C to +300°C|
|ISSA References||53.402.40 and 53.402.41|
For more information on how to use our Rust Protection 2000 Plus Spray and achieve best results, we really do suggest consulting the Technical and Safety data sheets located on the media tab.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.