R391 Weatherproof Electrical Putty 500gm Kit
Insulating & Sealing Putty for Electrical Connections.
All Prices Include GST.
|Browse our range of Epoxy Putties & Electrical Compounds.|
- Easy to use, non-hardening putty for sealing electrical connections
- Good adhesion and can be moulded by hand
- Does not shrink, crack or peel and creates corrosion and moisture resistant seals
R391 Weatherproof Electrical Putty is a non-hardening compound that is used to protect electrical connections from moisture and corrosion. This plastic putty can be easily moulded by hand. This allows it to be formed around terminals and connections or to be used to create a mechanical seal for any type electrical enclosure.
It prevents current leakage and short circuits due to dampness. It also protects electrical contacts from corrosion in industrial atmospheres. R391 effectively seals irregular openings, cable entries, screw threads and equipment covers and is also used in a number of electrical applications that require a non-hardening moisture or water-tight seal.
R391 has excellent electrical insulation properties. Electrical breakdown at 20°C is 18 kV / mm.
Manufactured by Prysmian, R391 is soft enough to be moulded around terminals or pressed into cavities. It’s not sticky to the touch but does have good adhesion to moulded plastic and other surfaces so that it isn’t dislodged by vibration. This also allows it to create effective seals that prevent moisture creepage.
R391 Weatherproof Electrical Putty has excellent UV resistance and will not shrink, harden, crack or peel. It can be removed by hand when need be which makes it an ideal choice for applications where cables may have to be disconnected at regular intervals.
This putty does not emit and toxic fumes and has no adverse effect on metals, plastics, rubber (both natural and synthetic), PVC or other cable sheathing materials. It is reddish-brown in colour and withstands temperatures between -20°C and 80°C. Flash point is +210°C.
Applications for R391 Electrical Putty
- Preventing moisture penetration and corrosion on all kinds of electrical contacts
- Sealing, insulating and protecting electrical connections
- Sealing terminals
- Sealing and insulating cable entries and junctions
- Sealing and insulating screw threads and covers for electrical equipment
- Filling junction or conduit boxes
- Many non-electrical applications that require a weatherproof, non-hardening putty to create a moisture tight seal
|Continuous Operating Temperature||-20°C to +80°C|
|Working Voltage||1000 Volts Maximum|
|Electrical Breakdown (at 20°C)||18kV / mm|
|Specific Gravity||1.7 g/cm³|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|