Elmotherm Air Dry Spray Varnish - VA42 Red 400ml
Quality Electrical Insulating and Protection Varnish.
All Prices Include GST.
|Browse our range of Electrical Coating Varnishes & Finishes.|
- High quality air dry varnish with outstanding electrical properties
- Creates a bright surface finish with good anti-tracking properties, water and chemical resistance and protection against metal oxidation
- Easy to use, European-manufactured spray varnish which provides a consistently smooth, even finish.
Elmotherm Air Dry Varnish is a high-quality type of electrical varnish used for insulating, coating and protecting many different types of surfaces. Manufactured by Elantas in Europe, this varnish is based on solvented alkyd resin and offers excellent electrical properties combined with good anti-tracking performance and an effective fungicide.
The spray version of this varnish offered here contains minimal thinners and therefore provide a smooth, consistent and bright surface finish. This surface will exhibit good chemical and water resistance in addition to excellent electrical properties, anti-tracking performance and providing protection against metal oxidation.
Elmotherm Air Dry Varnish is a UL Listed product that is compatible with most insulation system. It is rated for use in Class H (180°C rated) electrical systems.
This spray-on varnish serves as an alternative to the previously popular Isonel 300 range of varnish sprays. Depending on the sector, colour and style it can be referred to by many different names. These include:
- Elmotherm 009-0008 Air Dry Varnish (Formal name and product identifier as used by Elantas)
- Elmotherm VA42 (Used to denote the Red Varnish in either spray or liquid form)
- Elmotherm VA63 (Used to denote the Black Varnish in either spray or liquid form)
- Elmotherm VA00 (Clear Varnish, Spray or Liquid)
- Elmotherm VA39 (Grey Varnish, Spray of Liquid)
- Elmotherm VA 643 (White Varnish, Liquid Only)
Not all of these are yet in stock at Swift. We are working on expanding our range and will update the page as we do so.
Applications for Elmotherm Air Dry Varnish
- Coating insulating boards
- Coating and touching up exposed metal on electric motors
- Insulating metal parts and protecting them from oxidation
- Coating mouldings
Please Note: Elmotherm Air Dry Varnish is not recommended for impregnating deep section windings. For practical reasons, this advice applies more to the liquid version of this varnish but we mentioned it here just in case.
Secs @ 21°C
|Cure Characteristics (Minutes)
(minimum component time at temperature)
|Specific Gravity||0.96 g/cm³||0.96 g/cm³||0.96 g/cm³||0.96 g/cm³|
|Resistance to Tracking
(Drops @ 200 Volts
IEC 60424-2 (1974))
|Unit Of Measure||ea|