Rewettable Fibreglass Cloth Lagging 0.6mm x 1500mm Wide
Per Lineal Metre
All Prices Include GST.
- Lightweight yet strong fibreglass cloth coated with a rewettable adhesive.
- Simply wet with water, wrap around and allow to dry. Will set hard.
- Very easy to work with, excellent chemical resistance and resistant to temperatures up to 540°C.
- Manufactured in the USA using high precision methods. Certified to several international standards.
A versatile primary or outer insulation material, our Rewettable Cloth Insulation Lagging is widely used in a number of industries and application areas. This specialised cloth is made from a thin (0.56mm) plain weave fibreglass cloth that is then coated with a rewettable adhesive.
This adhesive is activated by water and sets hard once dry. This allows you to wet the cloth, wrap it around pipes, underlying insulation or materials you are looking to encapsulate. Once done, simply leave it to dry and it will form a hardened layer that provides very good heat insulation and can withstand up to 540°C.
Our Rewettable Glass Cloth is manufactured in the USA by Amatex and exhibits several important performance characteristics. In addition to the excellent temperature resistance, it also resists attack from most chemicals (except Hydrofluoric acid, hot phosphoric acid and wet hydrogen chloride) and solvents. It also has excellent sunlight and weathering resistance so it can be used outdoors.
Amatex Rewettable Cloth is resistant to ageing and very long lasting. If you do need to remove it, simply wet the cloth again and it will begin to soften.
The high quality base cloth used in this product is certified in accordance with Milspec MIL-C-20079H & MIL-I-24244 as well as U.S. Coast Guard 164.009, NRC 1.36. The coating also meets the requirements of MIL-C-20079H, Typ1 1, Class 4. It exhibits high dielectric strength and low electrical constants.
Typical Applications for Rewettable Cloth Insulation Lagging
- Heat resistant exhaust lagging.
- As an outer layer for underlying insulation (e.g. Superwool Blanket or Fibreglass Tape).
- Pipe wraps and lagging.
- In asbestos abatement encapsulation.
- A variety of marine, industrial, automotive and domestic applications requiring a permanent, self-hardening insulation material.
|Weave Style||Plain (4 Harness)|
|Fabric Weight (Average)||513 gm/m² (14.5 oz. / square yard) (± 10%)|
|Fabric Thickness||0.58mm (0.023") (± 5.0 mils)|
|Warp Strength||45.4 kg / 25.4mm (100 lbs/in.)|
|Fill Strength||20.5 kg / 25.4mm (45 lbs/in.)|
|Temperature Tolerance||540°C (1,000°F)|
|Chemical Resistance||Excellent (except for Hydrofluoric & hot phosphoric acid & wet hydrogen chloride)|
|Sunlight & Ageing Resistance||Excellent|
|Electrical Properties||High Dielectric Strength and Low Constants|
|Roll Width||1500mm (60")|
|Full Roll Length||45.7 Metres (50 Yards)|
|Base Fabric Certifications||MIL-C-20079H, MIL-I-24244, U.S. Coast Guard 164.009, NRC 1.36|
|Coating Certifications||MIL-C-20079H, Type 1, Class 4|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.