Plastic Bonding Kit - 12gm VA 8406 & 10ml CA Primer for Polyolefins
All Prices Include GST.
- Bond even the hardest plastics with our German-Engineered VA 8406 Super Glue and CA Primer.
- Can be used to stick polyethylene, polypropylene and even PTFE.
- Professional grade glue and primer manufactured by Weicon in Germany.
Depending on the type of plastic you are working with, bonding can be a real problem. For higher surface energy grades like ABS or Nylon, a good quality super glue will usually work without the need for a primer. However, when you’re working with low surface energy grades, things become a little more complicated.
To address this issue, we’ve put together our Plastic Bonding Kit. Each kit contains a tube of our VA 8406 Industrial-Grade Super Glue and a 10ml Bottle of our renowned Contact Primer for Polyolefins.
By applying the primer to the surface of the plastic, you will be changing its surface structure. This will allow the glue to bond and achieve good, strong adhesion where it would otherwise have been impossible.
Applications for our Plastic Bonding Kit.
Our Plastic Bonding Kit will allow you to create high strength, long lasting bonds between a wide range of plastics and other materials. Just some of the materials now able to be bonded include…
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE) – Include Low and High-Density Grades (LDPE and HDPE as well as UHMWPE).
- Silicone Rubber
- PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) (aka Teflon®)
- EPDM Rubber (both Sulphur and Peroxide Cured).
- Thermoplastic Elastomers.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- Polycarbonate (aka Lexan®)
- Polyester Resin Based Materials.
- Phenolic Resin Based Materials (e.g. Bakelite).
- Rubber Materials (e.g. Neoprene, Natural, Nitrile, Viton).
Technical Details for our VA 8406 Industrial Super Glue
Figures given in the table below do not include the use of the primer. Strength will only increase when the primer is used in conjunction with this glue.
|Colour||Colourless / Clear|
|Initial Adhesion on Nora Test Rubber||< 5 Seconds|
|Full Cure||24 Hours|
|Viscosity (20°C Brookfield)||20-50 MPa|
|Continuous Temperature Resistance||-50°C to +80°C|
|Short-Term Temperature Resistance||+100°C|
|Max. Gap Covering Power||0.1mm|
|Potable Water||ISEGA Recognised as an Adhesive for Food Technology|
|Food Applications||ISEGA Recognised as an Adhesive for Food Technology|
|Shear Strength Adhesion to Sand-Blasted Steel||22 N/mm² (DIN 53283)|
|Shear Strength Adhesion to Rigid PVC||14 N/mm² (DIN 53283)|
|Shear Strength Adhesion to ABS||13 N/mm² (DIN 53283)|
|Shear Strength Adhesion to NBR||>8 N/mm² (exceeds strength of rubber) (DIN 53283)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.