- Pasty, kneadable and very versatile epoxy putty for all kinds of repair and reconditioning work.
- Adheres well to all kinds of surfaces and materials including metals, wood, glass, concrete, epoxy sheets and most plastics and rubbers.
- Can be shaped and applied by hand before setting hard.
Epoxy Resin Putty is a very versatile repair putty used for a variety of repair and reconditioning tasks. It is a two-part epoxy putty manufactured from epoxy resin with mineral fillers. This putty has a 1:1 mix ratio (which makes mixing simple) and can be kneaded by hand. Once it is mixed, it will bond well to most materials and surfaces and set to form a tough, hard mass that is very long lasting.
Once it is applied and cured, Epoxy Resin Putty will withstand temperatures up to 200°C. It can also be machined (drilled, sanded, ground) and painted. Weicon Epoxy Resin Putty adheres to metal, wood, glass, rubber, ceramics, concrete and most plastics. It is resistant to petrol, oil, ester, saltwater and most acids and lye’s.
Epoxy Resin Putty has excellent mechanical and electrical properties. This allows it to be used for repairs around electrical connections and devices as it possesses excellent dielectric strength. It also has a low thermal conductivity rating which allows it to provide some thermal insulation when required.
This epoxy putty can be used to cover and fill gaps of up to 15mm in a single curing cycle. It cures at room temperature (in just 3 hours) and exhibits very little shrinkage while curing (approximately 0.005%).
Applications for Epoxy Resin Putty
- Reconditioning and rebuilding damaged metal, plastic of epoxy glass surfaces and components
- Reconditioning damaged threaded holes
- Creating an anchoring point for screws and hooks
- Repairs to worn or damaged shafts, bearings, pumps and casings
- Filling unwanted holes, gaps, crevices and cracks
- Making moulds, samples and epoxy parts
- Balancing electrical motors
- Repairs to light metal and diecast parts in the marine, automotive and transport sectors
- Repairs to damaged tools and hardware
- Model making
- Sealing pipes and tanks
- Reconditioning uneven and worn surfaces
|Colour (After Curing)||Green|
|Continuous Operating Temperature||-35°C to 200°C|
|Basis||Epoxy Resin and Mineral Fillers|
|Pot Life for 200gm of Material @ 20°C||30 Minutes|
|Viscosity of the Mixture||Pasty|
|Curing Temperature||+6°C to +40°C|
|Maximum Layer Thickness (Per Application)||15mm|
|Mechanical Strength (50% of Final)||2 Hours (When Curing At 20°C)|
|Final Strength (100% Cured)||3 Hours (When Curing At 20°C)|
|Mean Compressive Strength @ 25°C||80 MPa (DIN 53281-83)|
|Mean Tensile Strength @ 25°C||30 MPa (DIN 53281-83)|
|Mean Flexural Strength @ 25°C||56 MPa (DIN 53281-83)|
|Strength E-Modul @ 25°C||4,000 - 6,000 MPa (DIN 53281-83)|
|Shore Hardness @ 25°C||87 Shore D|
|Shrinkage While Curing||0.005%|
|Electrical Resistance||1015 Ω/cm (IEC 60.093)|
|Dielectric Strength||14 kV/mm (IEC 60.243)|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.5 W/m·K (ISO 8894-2)|
|IMPA Reference||81 29 52, 81 29 53, 81 29 54|
|ISSA Reference||75.509.37, 75.509.38, 75.509.39|
For more technical details, information on how to use this epoxy, and a chemical compatability table, please refer to the Technical Data Sheet on our Epoxy Resin Putty located on the media tab.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.