RK-1500 High Strength Liquid Acrylic Adhesive - 60gm Kit
All Prices Include GST.
- Liquid acrylic glue that can be spread across large bonding surfaces.
- Fast curing.
- Very strong bonds between a wide variety of different materials.
- Very easy to use, apply the glue to one side, activator to the other and join.
Our RK-1500 Two-Part, No-Mix, High Strength Liquid Acrylic Adhesive is a professional-quality structural adhesive used by a range of industries. Based on methyl methacrylate (MMA), this is a liquid form of acrylic glue that is ideal for large surface areas where it needs to be evenly spread.
Bonds made with RK-15000 Structural Acrylic are incredibly strong and long lasting. They exhibit high impact, peel and shear strength.
This acrylic adhesive is quite similar to our RK-1300 with the main difference being the consistency. Rk-1300 is a lot pastier and is a better choice for bonding vertical surfaces.
Manufactured in Germany by Weicon, RK-1500 is a high-performance MMA Adhesive with a variety of benefits and performance traits. These include:
Extremely High Strength Bonding.
You definitely don’t choose RK-1500 for temporary bonding. This acrylic glue cures to form extremely strong bonds that will last. It has been tested in accordance with DIN 53281 standards with a variety of materials leading to the following results:
- Aluminium – 20 N/mm².
- Sand-Blasted Steel – 25 N/mm².
- Stainless Steel – 30 N/mm².
- Polycarbonate – 10 N/mm².
- ABS Plastic – 6 N/mm².
- Fibreglass – 20 N/mm².
- Rigid PVC – 11 N/mm².
Excellent Material Compatibility.
RK-1500 MMA Adhesive is designed for permanently joining different types of materials. It works with a variety of different substrates and surfaces types, including:
- Metals (such as coated metal, steel, aluminium, copper, zinc alloys and ferrites).
- Plastics* (such as ABS, polystyrene, hard PVC, polycarbonate, Polyphenylene oxide and polyester moulding compounds).
- Fibre Composite Materials (including GRP, CRP and fibreglass).
- Wood and cellulose materials (e.g. MDF).
- Glass, Ceramics and Stone.
*Please note Polyamide, PTFE and polyolefin may only be bonded after special treatment of the surface (e.g. low-pressure plasma, corona, flame impingement
Fast-Curing Acrylic Glue.
One of the real benefits of RK-1500 is the cure speed you can expect. This feature makes it ideal for use in the construction or manufacturing sectors as well as anywhere else where structural adhesives are used in serial production.
Once the two-parts are united as the surfaces are joined (see below on this and it can be a great benefit) you can expect cure times to roughly be:
- 5 Minutes for 35% Cure (Handling Strength)
- 8 Minutes for 50% Cure (Mechanical Strength)
- 24 Hours for 100% Cure.
These times are somewhat dependent on bonding conditions and are estimated using an assumed working temperature of 20°C. Higher temps will accelerate curing while lower temps will have the opposite effect.
Long Lasting, Permanent Adhesion.
RK-1500 Acrylic Adhesive is designed for permanent bonding. Joints created with this high strength glue are very long lasting. They exhibit very good impact strength as well as excellent peel and shear strength. This makes them ideal for construction and structural bonding as they will withstand the rigours of demanding industrial requirements.
Easy to Use; No Complex Mixing.
Weicon RK-1500 is a two-part acrylic adhesive made up of the liquid glue and a activator. There’s no mixing though. To use, you first determine if you need to coat one or both surfaces (this comes down to the bonding gap, up to 0.4mm just do one; up to 0.8mm it’s better to do both).
For close fitting parts (activator one side only) you would then apply the glue. Spread it out and let it sit.
One of the real benefits of RK-1500 is this can be done well ahead of time. In fact, we’ve often seen customers prepare multiple parts with the adhesive and leaving them sit. RK-1500, when used in this fashion, has no real pot life and parts can be stored for up to 30 days without losing effectiveness.
Once you’re ready to bond, coat the other bonding surface with the activator and join. Cure times will be very fast.
Typical Applications for RK-1500 Liquid Acrylic Glue.
RK-1500 Two-Part, No-Mix, High Strength Liquid Acrylic Adhesive is used in a variety of areas and industries around the world. Some of it’s known uses include:
- Joining of plastic parts and components for sign making.
- Laminating sheets of metal.
- Joining of metal sections and channels.
- In the stainless-steel industry for construction and manufacturing work.
- In the marine sector for boat manufacturing and heavy repairs.
- In the auto industry for car body work.
- In electronics manufacturing for joining plastic and metal parts.
- By the energy sector for heavy duty component bonding.
- For tool and mould making.
- For furniture making.
- For bonding metal to glass and/or ceramic.
- As a replacement for traditional fasteners where it offers a variety of benefits, including…
- Reduced weight.
- Spread of joint stress to reduce the chance of material fracture or damage.
General Material Compatability of RK-1500 Acrylic Glue
- Metals (such as coated metal, steel, aluminium, copper, zinc alloys and ferrites)
- Plastics* (such as ABS, polystyrene, hard PVC, polycarbonate, Polyphenylene oxide and polyester moulding compounds)
- Fibre Composite Materials (including GRP, CRP and fibreglass)
- Wood and cellulose materials (e.g. MDF)
- Glass, Ceramics and Stone
Please note Polyamide, PTFE and polyolefin may only be bonded after special treatment of the surface (e.g. low-pressure plasma, corona, flame impingement).
RK-1500 Technical Characteristics
|Basis||Methyl Methacrylate (MMA)|
|Colour After Curing||Yellowish - Transparent|
|Density of the Mixture||1 g/cm³|
|Viscosity of the Mixture||4,500 MPa|
|Application Procedure||No Mix|
|Handing Strength (35% of Final)||5 Minutes|
|Capable of Bearing Mechanical Loads
(50% of Final)
|Processing Temperature||+10°C to +40°C|
|Fully Cured (100%)||24 Hours|
|Adhesive Gap Bridging||0.4mm – 0.8mm|
|-50°C to +130°C
|IMPA Code||81 29 92|
|Shear Strength (According to DIN 53281)|
|Sand Blasted Steel||25 N/mm²|
|Stainless Steel||30 N/mm²|
|Hard PVC||11 N/mm²|
|Fibreglass Reinforced Polyester||20 N/mm²|
|Fibreglass Reinforced Epoxy||27 N/mm²|
|Polyamide 6.6||3 N/mm²|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Swift Supplies Online Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.